Green Bean, Red Cabbage and Feta Salad
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- 2 cups trimmed fresh green beans
- 1 shallot finely sliced
- 1 cup of finely sliced red cabbage
- teaspoon fresh oregano chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup grated feta cheese
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Start by steaming your trimmed and cleaned green beans for 5 min. If you don’t have a steamer then shallow boil them for 5 min until they are tender and set aside.
Make the dressing just combine the olive oil and the red wine vinegar and whisk together.
To assemble put the green bean into a bowl followed by the cabbage, cilantro, shallots, oregano then finish with the grated feta cheese.
Using a spoon add some of the dressing around the edge of the bowl start with a few tablespoons and add to your taste. Mix together gently check for seasoning adding fresh cracked pepper and salt of needed.
That’s it now go enjoy some green beans!