Chicken Sausage in a blanket
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- Puff pastry sheets
- One egg beaten
- 2 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 6 finely chopped garlic cloves
- Tablespoon of crushed dried chilies
- 2 teaspoon of fennel powder (you can use any other herb you like)
- 1 cup of good dry red wine
- Teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
Combine all ingredients for the chicken sausage together and mix well.
Now take a little ball of it and fry it up to check for seasoning adjust as you like, more wine, more salt, spicier etc.
Now take your puff pastry sheet and cut it into one inch strips.
Take about a teaspoon of the chicken sausage and put it at one end of the strip, now roll it until the next end meets as in my picture then cut it off.
Pinch the end together and brush with egg wash and bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20-25 min until golden brown. Serve at room temp or a little warm.
You will make about 36 out of one puff pastry sheet and you will have sausage mix left over.
These are the best now go make em!!