Mango and Bulgur wheat with curried bbq shrimp
Tiny Url for this recipe → http://tinyurl.com/6bq5s35
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 3 cups water
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 mango diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 7 ounces peeled cooked shrimp
Lime and chili dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried chilies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Teaspoon madras curry powder or other good quality curry powder
- Tablespoon dark brown sugar. Mix together and toss shrimp in for an hour in fridge.
1. Put the bulgur wheat in a saucepan with 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until the bulgur is tender and all of the water has been absorbed, about 10 minutes. Spread in a flat dish and allow to cool slightly.
2. Combine the onion, mango, tomato, mint, cilantro, and shrimp in a large salad bowl. Add the bulgur and stir together.
3. For the dressing, place the oil, lime juice, garlic, and chilies in a small bowl, add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk with a fork. Stir the dressing into the salad, tossing to coat all the ingredients evenly. Now on a really hot grill cook the shrimp for about 2 min first side one min second and that should give you a nice char on it.
You can cool the shrimp to room temp or serve warm.
Place shrimp the salad last minute and enjoy this in the sun it’s really amazing!...Terminal 3? Heathrow??