No Bake Cheesecake with Berry Compote
Tiny Url for this recipe → http://tinyurl.com/65ts2cq
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- 300g blackberries (or blueberries)
- 300g strawberries
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 8 digestive biscuits
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 100g unsalted butter
Vanilla cream cheese:
- 400g cream cheese
- 6 tbsp icing sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 600ml double cream
- To finish Icing sugar, to dust
- For the topping, coarsely grind the biscuits in a food processor. Melt the sugar in a heavy-based nonstick pan until it begins to caramelize, then carefully add the butter, shaking the pan to mix the caramel with the butter as it melts. Add the crushed biscuits and toss to coat in the caramel. Tip on to a plate, chill for 5 minutes until firm, then break into pieces. Wipe out the pan with kitchen paper.
- Tip the strawberries and blueberries into the pan and sprinkle with the caster sugar and a splash of cassis or water. Cook over a medium-high heat for a minute until the strawberries and blueberries are slightly soft. Spread on a plate; leave to cool.
- For the vanilla cream cheese, put the cream cheese, icing sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add the seeds from the vanilla pod and beat until smooth. In another bowl, lightly whip the cream to soft peaks, then fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- To shape individual cheesecakes, get your molds . Fill with the cream cheese mixture and level the tops with the back of a knife. Blow touch around the molds until they lift off cleanly.
- Scatter the topping over and spoon the strawberries blueberries around the plate. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.