Asian Crunch Salad
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 red onion, cut into small dice
- 1 fresh mango, cut into small dice
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 (6 inch) egg roll wraps cut in half then deep fried.
- 4 ounces sweet Thai chili sauce
- 4 ounces hazelnuts , toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed, toasted
- one carrot, peeled, sliced into match sticks
- spring onion cut into small pieces
Start by taking a large won ton wrapper and fry it until golden brown and let cool. Now paint on a lawyer of sweet chili sauce and finish with some toasted black sesame seeds and set aside.
Place the green salad mix, chicken, cucumber slices, red onion, and mango, into a large mixing bowl. Season the ingredients with salt and pepper. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar ,rice vinegar, granulated sugar, and sesame oil. Drizzle the dressing into the bowl with the salad ingredients, and gently toss together.
Build the salad in each serving plate with alternating layers of salad mixture, a crispy glazed egg roll wrapper, more salad mixture, another crispy glazed egg roll wrapper and then the remaining salad mixture.
Finish with the hazelnuts and more sesame seeds, spring onion and the carrots on top.
This is a show stopper salad that has huge flavor, crunch and a feast for the eyes….enjoy!