BBQ Spice Rub Grilled Chicken Breast with Black Pepper Mustard Vinaigrette
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Boneless organic free range chicken breasts
- Chopped Spring onion
Black Pepper Mustard Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2tablespoons whole grain mustard or good brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 3 tablespoons ground pasilla chile powder
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon arbol chile
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Mix all ingredients together.
Start with the chicken breasts, pound it out until it is all the same thickness.
Cover in canola oil and put the spice rub all over one side making sure to really push it into the chicken.
Let rest for 30 min, always keep in mind to take out your proteins at least 2 hours before you are going to cook them so they come to room temperature . I know this sounds crazy but your protein will be fine as long as your indoor heat is not more than 75 degrees.
Now with a hot grill place the chicken skin side rub side down and cook for about 4-5 min on each side. Put on plate and drizzle the black pepper marinade on it and tent with foil for 5-7 min.
Ready to plate, cut into thick slices like you cutting a good strip steak and finish with some chopped spring onions and drizzle some vinaigrette around the plate. BBQ chicken at its best!