Char Grilled Shrimp with Spicy Lemon Chili Sauce
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- 12 or so medium sized shrimp
- kosher salt and pepper
- fresh cilantro
Spicy Lemon Chili Sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- tablespoon of finely chopped garlic
- tablespoon asian chili garlic sauce can be bought same place as saracha but is more chunky with chili seeds present
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper
Start by making the spicy lemon chili sauce, all ingredients into a bowl and whisk well and let sit for 20 min for flavors to meld.
Take your shrimp and split them down the middle from the inside but not all the way. Clean out the digestive vain then turn over flesh down and press on the shell to make it flat.
Turn over and add a touch of the spicy lemon chili sauce on the flesh of the shrimp. Now to a super hot grill shell down and cook for 2-3 min until the tails are starting to char, turn over for 30 second and take off rest shell side down.
Arrange on a plate and spoon the spicy lemon chili sauce over the shrimp and around the plate. Garnish with cilantro that goes perfect with the last bite.
This I promise will not disappoint.