Curry Shrimp with Bulgur Wheat
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- One cup prepared bulgur wheat
- 24 Fresh cleaned medium shrimp
- Fresh limes
- Fresh mint
- Long 8 inch wooden skewer
- Tablespoon madras curry powder
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Pinch of cumin
- Juice of one lime
- 1/3 cup olive oil. Blend together and pour over shrimp for an hour or overnight
Shrimp marinade — Blend together and pour over shrimp for an hour or overnight.
Heat your grill as hot as you can get it, now grill the shrimp on the first side noting that there will be some flare ups which is fine as long as the shrimp don’t catch fire. Grill for 90 seconds first side, now turn over and finish one min on other side.
Now on a long plate put a nice path of the bulgur wheat down as seen in my photo. Now take the shrimp and put them on the skewer as I’ve done in the photo and lay against the bulgur wheat.
Add some chopped mint and some fresh lime and go to town!! To eat, push the shrimp into the bulgur wheat it will stick to it and give it a really nice texture and flavor.
Make a lot of these.. make mounds of them as you won’t believe how great it makes a shrimp taste!