EASTER RECIPE: Truffle Deviled Egg on Olive oil toast
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- 6 fresh organic free range cage free eggs
- 4 tablespoons good mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh finely chopped dill
- Pinch of kosher salt to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- few drops of White truffle oil
- shaved Black truffles optional
Here is the perfect way to make hard boiled eggs. Put your eggs in a pot and cover with cold water. Now turn on high heat and as soon as it comes to a boil take it off the heat and let stand for EXACTLY 13 minutes. Now take eggs and put into an ice bath and let cool and refrigerate. Remove shells from eggs and put into a bowl, add the mustard, mayo and fresh dill , season with salt and pepper . Using a potato masher break the eggs until they are just getting creamy, add a few drops or white truffle oil if you want and mix.
Now back in the fridge for 30 min for all the flavors to meld and set up.
To serve I took some Italian bread and grilled it with some olive oil and only on one side so it’s still a little soft on one side.
Take your egg and make little quenelles with it and lay on the breads soft side, finish with some shaved truffle and finish with a piece of chive.
Eat, drink, talk love.