Fried Green Tomato Salad
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- Red tomatoes any variety sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Green tomatoes sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Micro greens of your choice
- One beaten egg
- Panko bread crumbs Vegatable oil for frying
- fresh mozzarella ball (large) sliced 1/4 inch thick
- one cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
Make the Vinaigrette by combining the Olive Oil, Balsamic and season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
Dip the green tomato in the egg wash then the seasoned panko and fry in 350 degree in vegetable oil until golden brown and set aside.
Now assemble starting with the fresh tomato, then mozzarella and follow through as you see it. Finish with a good drizzle of the vinaigrette and go to town. Enjoy this one its light flavorful and good for a fantastic starter or light lunch.