- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- 1 large can of peeled tomatoes
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 cup chopped peeled English hothouse cucumber
- one chopped large shallot or half a red onion
- 1/4 cup Sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 4-5 grilled or boiled shrimp chilled and sliced in half
- half an Avacado sliced thin
- bunch of watercress
- toasted piece of bread or large crouton as i’ve shown in my photo
I combine all the ingredients, tomato, garlic, roasted red pepper, sour cream, cucumber etc into a blender minus the oil
Start blending and start to drizzle in the olive oil. This will change the color from red to orange/red.
Continue blending for about a minute. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight where the flavors will intensify.
To serve I took some grilled shrimp and cut them in half, get an avocado and start with putting a crouton in the bottom of a ring mold as seen in my photos now layer shrimp, avocado until it’s at the top. Now pour the soup around and pull the ring mold off and I finished with some fresh watercress and a drizzle of olive oil.
Ahhhhhhhh summer lunch!