Grilled Lamb Burgers
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- one pound ground lamb meat make sure it has some fat in it.
- one onion chopped
- teaspoon of cumin
- one cup shredded feta cheese
- teaspoon of mustard
- grilled pita or bread of your choice
- one cup greek yogurt
- half a cup chopped fresh mint
- one clove of garlic chopped into a paste add kosher salt to chopped garlic and smear on cutting board until it’s a paste
- pinch of salt
Start with your lamb mince, add the ingredients and mix well. Keep in the fridge until your ready to grill.
Make the yogurt dressing, add the garlic paste and fresh mint and mix, check for seasoning.
Take your lamb mince and form into the shape of the bread you are going to use. Season well and onto a very hot grill. Cook it to your preferred temperature (I did medium) and important to not press down on it while on the grill to lose all the juices and to let it rest for a couple min before eating.
To assemble drizzle some olive oil on your toasted bread, followed by a layer of the yogurt, then your lamb burger, top with some more yogurt and finish with some lemon wedges and greens. Easy!