Grilled mackerel with potato and chorizo hash
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- 450g potatoes
- 2 whole mackerel, filleted into 4 (ask your fishmonger to do this if you’re not good at filleting fish)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Small handful flat leaf parsley
- 100g piece chorizo, roughly chopped
- Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
- Wild rocket, to serve
1. Parboil the potatoes (in their skins) in salted water until just tender to the center. Drain and cool slightly.
2. Put the mackerel in a shallow dish. Mix together the oil, lemon juice, garlic and roughly chopped parsley and pour over the fish. Season and toss together. Peel and discard the skin from the potatoes, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
3. Preheat the grill. Heat a large frying pan and cook the chorizo over a high heat for 2 minutes until the oil starts to run. Stir in the potatoes and smoked paprika and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring, until golden and crisp in places.
4. When the potato hash is nearly cooked, lift the fish from the marinade and pan fry for 5-8 minutes, until the skin is golden and the flesh is cooked through.
5. Plate as shown or come up with your own way and serve with some Rocket Salad with Lemon and Olive Oil as this will help cut the richness of the hash.