Mini Salmon And Cream Cheese Frittata
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- 2 large organic free range eggs yes please spend the extra $1.50 your body and the chicken living condition is worth it
- one scallion chopped fine
- tablespoon of cream cheese I get mine from the farmers market
- 1/4 cup of 2% milk you can use half and half for richer taste
- kosher salt and pepper
- shaved gruyere cheese
- good quality greek yogurt
- Vegatable oil
- 2 oz of smoked salmon , fresh salmon or any fish you prefere sliced into even pieces
Preheat your oven to 400°F. You will need to use a mini muffin pan (preferrably a cast iron one if available) for this recipe. Before you begin, add a few drops of vegetable oil into the bottom of each well and place it in the oven for about 10 minutes to get it hot. This will give each frittata a delicious crust and also helps them to cook quickly so that the interior remains moist.
Combine the eggs, scallion, cream cheese, milk and a little kosher salt and pepper and mix together. Get your muffin pan out of the oven and carefully ladle some of the egg mixture into each well. Make sure to add the egg mixture almost to the top. Add a few pieces of the salmon to each muffin cup and top with a little bit of Gruyere cheese. If you don’t have gruyere, just add any other good melting cheese that you like or have on hand.
Clean the edges and place the muffin pan into the oven and bake until they rise and develop a golden color on the top, about 10 minutes or so. Here is a video of how they look when they come out of the oven. Once you have removed them from the oven, let them rest for a minute or two, then run a knife along the edges and pop them out of the pan.
To plate either serve with a nice green salad and a side of Greek yogurt or you can put a dollop of Greek yogurt on the plate and sit the mini frittata on top. Finish with a little more cheese and you are good to go.