Orange Blossom Honey Salad
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- 1 large celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and thinly julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 20 thin slices lardo (about 3 ounces, this is the just fat part of cured ham)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons honey, preferably orange blossom
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
Fill a large bowl with ice and cold water. Submerge celery, fennel, carrot, bell pepper and zucchini in water for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, wrap 1 piece lardo around each shrimp.
Drain vegetables and pat dry. Divide vegetables among 4 serving plates; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer cooked shrimp to plates with vegetables but leave the skillet as is, do not wipe it out. Return skillet to heat, add honey and cook over low heat just until honey is warmed through and viscous.
Drizzle honey over shrimp and vegetables. Garnish with chives.