Pork Ribs with Dry Rub and Spicy Sauce
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
7 hour, 0 min
- Rack of baby back pork ribs this works fine with Beef ribs as well
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 table spoon your favorite hot sauce like Franks, Pete’s or Tabasco
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper. Simmer all ingredients in a sauce pan
Make the sauce first as the more time it has to sit the better the flavor. Put all ingredients into a suace pan bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for 45 min. Warm to room temp before saucing your protein.
Put the dry rub together and this will be good for many other proteins and get ready to rib out.
Start by rubbing your ribs generously with the dry rub. Now put on a wire rack in a pan and put some water in the bottom as much as you can before it touches the meat.
Cover this will foil and in a 225 degree oven cook these for about 6-8 hours checking to make sure the water never goes dry.
When finish take out let rest for 5 min and cut into rib sections and serve with some tangy lemon coleslaw.
You can sauce the ribs or leave it on the side to dip the meat in either way its awesome kids!