Quick Vegetarian Stir-fry
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- One sliced leak
- ¼ napa cabbage chopped
- 5 large shrimp chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic chopped
- Small knob of fresh ginger chopped
- One egg
- One cup day old rice of any kind
- Canola oil
- Tablespoon garlic chili paste
- Chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins chopped
- 3 tablespoon Benny’s stir fry sauce
Benny’s stir fry sauce:
- 2 cups soy sauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 gloves of garlic minced
- Knob of fresh ginger minced
- Tablespoon plus one teaspoon sesame seed oil
- Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar Blend it all together and adjust to your taste.
Have everything ready and begin with smoking hot wok add about 3 tablespoon canola oil and as soon as it starts to smoke add the leeks, garlic, ginger and chili and let sit and smoke in the oil for about 30 seconds now add the cabbage and stir, now make a well in the center add the shrimp and let them sit there for 20 seconds or so, now stir and add the chili garlic paste and stir, now add the rice and let sit there for 20 sec until you hear it crack now stir, keep stirring and add the egg and stir it quickly into the ingredients.
Add the raisins and stir, make a well add the stir fry sauce about 2 tablespoons and stir into the ingredients and keep stirring until it becomes a part of the dish and the liquid is very tight.
Plate into a shallow bowl and finish with chopped scallion and sesame seeds.
That’s it, it will rock your taste buds and for those who want pure vegetarian leave out the shrimp. Now go give this a try it’s all in the prep kids!