Seared Yellowfin Tuna with Ginger Sesame Sauce
Tiny Url for this recipe → http://tinyurl.com/4jlf96z
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- 8 ounces Sushi grade tuna fillet
- Vegatable Oil
- Ice Bath bowl of water and ice cubes 50/50
Ginger Sesame Sauce
- One finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce light japanese soy
- 6 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grape seed oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame chili oil
- One finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- Small fresh chili slices to finish
First start by combining all the Ginger sauce ingredients mixing well and set aside in the fridge. Can be kept up to 2 days but leave out the parsley if you are going to let it sit over night and add it in before serving.
Once you have done the sauce now the tuna, either have your fish monger trim it for you or cut your filet into an even block as shown in my photo. Now get your ice bath ready and your pan on the oven on medium heat with a little vegetable oil. Now you need to pay attention and work quickly here start with the large side down and sear on the first side of the fillet for 30 second, using tongs turn over and do the oposite side 30 seconds, now the two ends 30 seconds each. Now plunge into your ice bath for about 3 min until the fish is cool to the touch take out and pat dry.
To finish with a very sharp knife slice the tuna farily thin as you can see in my photo and fan out slightly on a plate. Spoon some of the Ginger sauce over and serve. You do not need to have soy sauce or pickled ginger along with this one. It Is seasoned and sauce perfectly at this stage and have your guest enjoy it right away.
Easy stuff !