Sesame Seared Tuna on Tomato White Bean Salad
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- 12-16 oz of tuna filet for 3-4 portions
- black or white sesame seeds
- Vegatable oil
Tomato White Bean Salad
- one can of chick peas or white beans your preference
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- one large tomato small dice
- handful of fresh basil chopped once
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- good glug of olive oil
- one cup of charred corn on the cob you can use boiled corn as well
Start by making your Tomato White Bean salad, you can use chick peas or white beans of your choice. I like the small white beans myself. Put everything into a bowl and add a good glug of olive oil and add just enough rice wine vinegar to give it some lightness. Mix well and into a fridge.
Coat your tuna with vegetable oil then roll it in your sesame seed mix making sure to really push the seeds into the flesh. Now hot pan vegetable oil sear each side of the tuna for about one min. Take out of pan and let rest for a min.
To plate put some of the Tomato White Bean salad on the bottom of a plate, now cut the tuna into nice thick slices as you can see in the photos and lay on top of the salad. Finish with some micro greens and a little touch of olive oil.