Smoked Paprika Lime Marinated Porgie and Prawns
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- Porgie Filets or any other firm white meat flat fish like Tubot. No oily fish for this recipe
- Medium to large shimp/prawns shelled and cleaned.
- Juice of one large lime
- teaspoon of smoked paprika
- teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- one cup vegatable oil
- pinch of kosher salt and pepper
- a little water to thin it out
Start by making the Lebanese Garlic sauce you can find that recipe here : http://bennydoro.com/chef/recipes/lebanese-garlic-sauce/
Now put all the ingredients together for the marinade and pour over the fish and prawns making sure they are completely covered. Marinade for about 20 min tops or the lime juice will start to cook the fish and prawns.
Take to the grill and starting flesh side down with the fish followed by the prawns on the hottest part of the grill. Lid on and check in about 3 min the prawns should be starting to char so you can turn them over and also carefully turn the fish over as well. Cook for one more min then take off and let rest and drizzle a little bit of olive oil on them.
Plate and serve with the Lebanese garlic sauce it is truly a powerful flavor between the smoky flavor of the marinade and the garlic sauce. This dish NOT recommended to make for a first date