Tomato Salad with goat cheese, pancetta and walnuts
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- one pound or so compari tomatoes or any tomato of your choice
- handful toasted walnuts
- one cup rendered pancetta
- Panko bread crumbs
- fresh chopped chives
- 50/50 olive oil and balsamic vinegar blend together
Herb Goat Cheese
- one cup fresh goat cheese
- one tablespoon olive oil
- any fresh herbs of your choice chopped finley and blended with the goat cheese to taste I used chives
Begin by rendering the pancetta by cutting it into lardons and frying it until almost crisp and set aside.
Now prepare the goat cheese panko fried balls, form the herb goat cheese into a melon ball size, dredge in egg wash and roll in panko and fry at 375 degrees for about a min until golden brown and set aside.
Now to assemble cut the tomato into ¼ inch size pieces scatter on the plate, followed by scattering the walnuts, then plate 3 fried goat cheese balls as shown in the photo, followed by the walnuts, pancetta and finish with the chives then spoon the dressing over and ENJOY!
This one will bring a tomato salad to a whole new place. Perfect light lunch of make a half portion for a starter.