Turbot Sashimi with Spicy Mustard Sauce
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- 1/2 Fresh turbot filet
- One finely diced Jalapeno pepper
- One finely diced shallot
- 3 sliced garlic cloves fried in 350degree
- canola oil until golden brown
Spicy Mustard Sauce:
- 6 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grape seed oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame chili oil
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 1 garlic clove shaved
- 1 small piece of ginger grated
- ½ teaspoon of English powdered mustard
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Star by making the mustard sauce by combining all the ingredients and letting sit for at least 15 min.
Now the important part is cutting the fish. You want to have a very sharp knife and start at the tail and on a very sharp bias cut a very thin 1/6 of an inch thick slice in one motion as you see in my picture. Use 4 or 5 pieces per person.
Now spoon the mustard sauce over the fish and sprinkle some of the jalapeno and shallots on top finished with the fried garlic! I also think it looks beautiful.
Eat Fish Live Long!